PAKISTAN: Christian Girl Abducted and Raped
Maria Sarfraz, 11, was abducted from the town of Distt, Sheikupora and gang raped multiple times.
Her father, Sarfraz Andrew, went to the police station and registered a First Investigation Report on 25 April. The girl was recovered after three days and a medical report declared the she had been forcefully raped for three uninterrupted days. Local police arrested Muhammad Safdar and Muhammad Mehboob.
Like previous cases, the perpetrators of this crime are threatening violence against the Christian family in an attempt to keep them from obtaining justice. The rapists have demanded that the Christian family settle the matter out of court or else they will start a riot in town and burn down all the Christian homes.
This case only continues to highlight the suffering of Christians in Pakistan.
Sources: International Christian Concern, Pakistan Christian Post
- Ask the Lord to minister to Maria, to heal her and help her to overcome her pain, fear and humiliation. Pray she and her family will rest in the knowledge that the Good Shepherd walks with them through this difficult time (Psalm 23).
- Pray the Lord will grant the family justice; pray the actions of these men will not be tolerated. Pray the Lord will raise up fearless men and women to speak out against this kind of targeted violence.
- Ask God to protect young Christian women in Pakistan.
MIDDLE EAST: Christian Women Killed by Family Members
Three Christian women were killed by their Muslim family members in separate incidents on 30 April and 1 May.
A 38-year-old woman was shot to death by her two brothers shortly after they learned that she had been talking with a missionary over Skype and that she had a Bible. In a second incident, a man stabbed his 22-year-old sister to death when he caught her with a Christian CD. The Christian woman had previously talked with her brother about Jesus. The brother left her body in front of a hospital before seeking treatment for his own hand wound.
In the third incident, a man beat his daughter to death by hitting her on the head with a stone. He turned himself over to police and confessed to the killing, knowing that he would likely not face serious punishment. He reportedly told police that his daughter had continued to attend church despite his warnings.
Source: Voice of the Martyrs USA
- Please pray for those impacted by the loss of these sisters in Christ. May God surround those who are mourning with His love and peace.
- Pray, too, that He will use the legacy of these women in a powerful way, inspiring many others to learn more about Him.
- Ask especially that the family members who so tragically ended these lives will repent, turn to Jesus and, in time, become bold disciples of our Lord.
UZBEKISTAN: Believers Fined for Owning Christian Literature
A court in Uzbekistan’s capital Tashkent has fined both Grigory Kasparov and his wife Yelena for “illegally storing” Kasparov’s Christian books in their private home.
This was despite Yelena Kasparova refusing to sign a ‘confession’ police attempted to force from her for this ‘offence’. The verdict in Kasparov’s case states that the books were destroyed even before the Court had found Kasparov guilty and decided what to do with the books.
A court official admitted that bailiffs destroyed the books, but refused to state whether bailiffs are allowed to do this before a verdict.
Source: Forum 18 News Service
- Pray for Grigory and Yelena, that they will keep their eyes on Jesus, persevere in their faith, and not grow weary or lose heart (Hebrews 10:32-39; 12:1-3).
- Ask the Lord to flood Uzbekistan with His word and open hearts and minds to His Gospel.
- Pray for all in authority in Uzbekistan.